This is a special request for Jod Chambers..... hardly any sugar, LOADS of fibre... and it's a delicious easy make baked good that utilises winter fruits xo
125 grams soft butter
2 beaten eggs
half cup brown sugar
1 & 1/2 cups of wholemeal self raising flour (spelt or kumult flour for good digestion or buckweat flour as a gluten substitute).
1 cup saltanas
1 cup wholemeal oats - I also add a handful of QUINOA. This is a bowel and protien superfood.
2 grated apples (peeled if it's for littlies, skin on if it's for big kids to keep their bottoms regular)
1 grated pear (if you have one)
1 cup water
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place butter, sugar, sultanas, grated fruit, water and spices into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Add beaten agges, flour and oats to the mixture. Stir until just combined.
4. Pour into a glad bake lined loaf tin.
5. Bake for 45 minutes (until skewer comes out clean).
It can be kept in the fridge for up to a week! Reheat with butter for cold winter nights.