|$35 of fruit and vege lasts us a week of mainly vegetarian meals and we don't need TINS/ CANS/ PACKETS|
We purchased this at the Eagle Farm Markets for $35.
Yes, there are bananas and mangoes there (OMG! We must be rich..)
This is what I did (and am still doing with it...)
- grilled mushrooms for breakfast
- eggplant and zucchini casserole and BBQ eggplant lasagne sheets
- whole roasted capsicum for salads, blend and add dill for spreads
- Slow roasted tomatoes for spag bol and homemade pizzas
- BBQ's corn for salads and fried rice
- avocados for spreads and salads
- fried leek for fritatas & soups
- Roasted pumpkin
I always try to include 2-4 veges every lunch, and 3-5 veges every dinner. With very few exceptions.
This is why is has got me buggered that our lower socio economic class are the fattest in the world? Families will spend $35 on McDonald's for one or two meals.... when this could feed them for a week. Plus I can cook this faster than it takes to drive to Macca's and watch the kids vomit in the playground.
I'm not sure whether this can be blamed as a a lack of education? Let me know your thoughts..... change doesn't happen if we keep doing the same thing every day and complain when nothing is changing....