Monday, September 14, 2009

Gluten free vege pie

Technorati Tags: ,,

vege casserole

Ingredients:

tomatoes, potatoes, carrot, onion, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, celery…. whatever veges are seasonal and in your fridge!

Whole egg mayonnaise.

Grated mozzarella cheese.

Preparation (approximately 8 minutes):

Heat good quality oil (avocado, macadamia, grape seed) in thick based pan.

Preheat oven to about 180 degrees.

Dice root vegetables.

Break cauliflower, broccoli into small florets.

Slice celery and mushrooms.

Finely dice onion and garlic.

Fry veges in pan until tender and season with dried herbs, rock salt and cracked pepper.  A little browning is good but don’t over cook.

Slice tomatoes and lay on the bottom of a casserole dish.

Spoon in fried veges.

Top with a mixture of mayonnaise and grated mozzarella.  Sprinkle with fresh herbs or polenta (optional to make it crusty delicious).

Cook for approximately 60 minutes depending on size of your dish.

Serve topped with grilled lean meat or fish… or it is delicious enough heaped on a plate by itself.

Make HEAPS of this deliciousness and use left over's to stuff capsicum/ mushrooms for a meal the following night.

2 comments:

Lee Milligan said...

Thanks Erin I love your ideas they are always creative and practical. Wish I lived close to brisy so I could do your live classes, but your DVD I have had it for 2 years now and still love it, its a great workout and I feel part of your class and almost feel I know you very well now seeing you every day:). Are there any more out yet? Thanks again Lee

SweatDiva said...

Thank you soooo much Lee. I would love to do a boxing DVD in the near future... I'll see how that one goes! If you ever have ANY questions about training or nutrition don't hesistate to blog me. I would love to hear from you. Mwah. Thank you for your message.